Feel free to contact me!
I love hearing from you guys:
This year I wasn't planning on dying eggs however I was instantly intrigued by this way I found while browsing around on Pinterest. Instead of using any chemicals or elaborate methods that take a whole day to dye a dozen of eggs, this one only needs some whipping cream and a few drops of food coloring!
The results are by far my favorite. The eggs look like a beautiful water colored painting!
Scroll below for the method and photos of how to dye your eggs with whipped cream!
I used a dozen of eggs as they are more than enough since we are only two people. The beauty of this method is trifold.
1. By using whipping cream and food coloring the eggs are completely safe to eat.
2. Time needed from start to finish is less than half an hour with preparation.
3. You can dye multiple dozens of eggs in the same time frame.
With all these pros plus the fact that the eggs look absolutely beautiful I don't think I will ever use a different method of dying them ever again.
How to Dye Eggs With Whipped Cream
1. 1 large tub of whipped cream
2. Food coloring in different colors. (Gel works better resulting in a brighter egg)
3. Boiled white eggs
1. Hard boil your eggs and let them cool completely
2. Fill a baking dish or any porcelain dish with the whipped cream.
3. Drip food coloring all over the whipped cream.
4. Using the toothpick swirl the whipped cream to combine the colors slightly.
5. Place the eggs in the whipped cream and gently roll once so the entire egg is covered.
6. Let your eggs sit for 10-30 minutes depending on how bold you would like the colors.
7.Remove your eggs from the whipped cream using gloves and rinse them quickly under cool water.
8. Let them dry on a paper towel and your eggs are ready!
Tip : If you want the colors to look even more vibrant follow these steps before you submerge them into the whipping cream.
I like my eggs with less vibrant colors as you see above but if you prefer them less pale than mine using vinegar will brighten the colors considerably!
Try this method once and I promise you, you will never look back again!
Find me on Bloglovin for a new post everyday!
© 2013-2014 ONLYDECOLOVE.COM
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Photographs taken by Katerina Dima unless otherwise stated.