In my opinion it is quite difficult to wake up early enough to be in time to work or any other morning obligation. I have never been a morning person and even when I am tired it takes me a while to fall asleep, which means I am even more tired when I have to wake up in the morning. Therefore it is really important to me to have a simple routine before I have to be out of the door, that takes minimal time and effort. I find it is easier if I do all the time consuming routines before I go to bed. So showering or face scrubbing are always reserved for before sleeping and I even style my hair before I sleep as well. I am fortunate to have hair that once they are styled they will look good even if I don’t touch them again for at least 3 days which is when I have to wash them again regardless. From trial and error I have learned that if I have an easy routine I stick to it so no matter how envious I am when I see girls pampering themselves I have to remind myself that I wouldn’t have the patience to do what they do daily regardless.Keep reading if you want to know more about my Morning Routine after getting up from bed!
I can’t live without my iPad or iPhone. They are my connection to the world and my entertainment at the same time. As soon as I wake up I check my instagram and snapchat then I instantly refresh my youtube for new videos from my subscriptions. My favorite youtubers keep me company while I wake up. One of my favorites is Alix from I Covet Thee , I just love her make up and lifestyle!As soon as I enter the bathroom I will light up a candle,I love how the subtle aroma fills the air and eases me into my routine.
Easy morning routine
1. Quickly wash my face with a simple Clinique liquid facial soap. I usually deep wash my face at night using the same soap and my Clarisonic but if I have time I might repeat it during the morning.
2. Brush my teeth.
3. Finish up with a hydrating cream from Dior.
4. Apply a dash of perfume.
Easy make up morning routine
1. Quickly apply Dior Nude foundation with a beauty sponge. ( A lot of the days I will skip this step)
2. Using the same sponge mix some concealer under my eyes.
3. Light coat of Dior Nude powder.
4. Quick blush on the cheeks.
5. Dior Iconic show black Mascara.
6. I usually apply some lip balm right before I exit the from the house. The Dior Addict lip glow is my favorite for quite some time now.
Easy morning breakfast routine
All of the steps above usually take me around 10 minutes or even less if I am in a hurry. The key is to have everything at your hands reach so you don’t have to go looking for them and lose time while at it. As soon as I am done with the bathroom I take my iPad and go to the kitchen to prepare a smoothie. While there are many smoothie recipes out there I have found that again simplicity is the key to success.
Easy Smoothie recipe
1. Any fruits you like half frozen half cold from the fridge. I love strawberries, forest fruits and berries, mango, banana and pineapple. I either combine them or use just one fruit in bigger quantities.
2. Cold water.
3. Blend until there are no chunks left at all.
The result is a delicious frozen smoothie in a granita consistency that has enough energy to keep your body running for quite a few hours. No added sugar needed, no milk or yogurt. I didn’t want to believe it myself but the first time I mixed frozen strawberries and cold water I have never looked back since. I use the OBH Nordica smoothie maker in coral and I highly recommend it to anyone that loves smoothies. I will either take the smoothie with me when I go right in the smoothie cup or pour it in a thermocup if I stay at home so it keeps frozen longer. Tip :If it is afternoon I might mix in cold tea instead of water.
It is so important to start your day well, so I am trying to stick to this program everyday which is why I have made it so simple. For the days that I don’t have to wake up and leave immediately however I do take my time with all of the above!
(There are no affiliated links in this blogpost. Links are only provided to help you find my favorite products)
© 2013-2014 ONLYDECOLOVE.COM
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Photographs taken by Katerina Dima unless otherwise stated.