Decorating with greens for spring is the easiest way to make a dull corner look great!
It’s easy and it takes little to no time to set up 🙂
Scroll down for tips on how!
Make a green statement piece in your Living Room
- Start with a lot of either transparent or non transparent vases. Anything that can hold water will do, even your favorite glasses or test tubes! I chose clear vases,jugs,test tubes and pots for my composition but you can always make it a bit more colorful by choosing either an array of colors for your vases or go darker with clay or other materials.
- If your vases are clear fill them up with less than 1/3 of water. The result is much more pleasing to the eye and the greens only get water from the lowest point so they won’t suffer.
- You can of course buy plants but I used a few twigs from bushes and trees just outside my house and a few leaves from a green plant that is in the living room.
- Start by placing your vases next to each other and play with your composition until you reach a balance of filled with empty space. Remember you can always try to combine them into virtual triangles to simplify the process.
- For a more impressive result you can add a tray like I did above or place some of the vases on books,boxes or even a wooden cutting board! The choices are limitless when it comes to styling but for this specific composition keeping it simple will result in a bigger statement.
- Add something on the wall will give some extra definition to your project. I chose some of my favorite photos from the blog.
Have fun with your project, it takes very little time to set up and the flowers will last at least for a week!
© 2013-2014 ONLYDECOLOVE.COM
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Photographs taken by Katerina Dima unless otherwise stated.